Main focus is troubleshooting IT help desk calls to resolve application, equipment, and other end user application and technical issues for optimal customer satisfaction. Performs maintenance on IT equipment, resets logins and troubleshoots other IT help desk issues reported. Technicians assist with triaging calls when necessary while providing first level support. Technicians deploy various technology solutions and related equipment using optimal and efficient methodologies. Training and knowledge transfer are other necessary job duties. Ensures all computer software is deployed legally and securely while providing security and confidentiality at the highest level. Virus management, network management, and database management are also key job requirements.
1. Day to day task work is managed and prioritized using the Help Desk tickets and/or system.
2. Technical support for the hospital's end users is customer service oriented using the organization's standards of behavior.
3. Provides level one support for all calls attempting to resolve issues as educated to do so without transferring calls to programmers or analysts when possible.
4. Installs personal computer hardware, equipment and software, training and educating end users for the efficient operation as necessary.
5. Manages work and Help Desk tickets in a manner that reduces call back and ensures work and time efficiency.
6. Accurately accounts for software and hardware owned by the hospital and monitors proper license and legal use.
7. Assists in developing tools and procedures to empower end users and reduce call volume.
8. Communicates and develops communication tools that reduce call volumes and allow for process improvements with technology solutions deployed or provided by the IT department.
9. Clear communications and accurate documentation of work efforts that proactively improve the work environment and organizational efficiencies.
10. Provides installation, training, and maintenance of various networks in use by the hospital.
11. Performs computer operations, networking, programming and report writing duties as needed to help organization cover a 24/7 IT department.
12. Keeps updated of changes and new technology by attending classes, seminars or other self-study options.
13. Performs maintenance, upgrades and preventive maintenance as required on hardware equipment and software.
14. Demonstrates understanding of computer and technical skills as well as a good understanding of hospital operations and procedures.
15. Adheres to dress code.
16. Functions as a preceptor to orient new employees.
17. Meets all departmental specific competencies.
18. Adheres to policies addressing infection control, safety, and personnel guidelines.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with code of conduct.
20. Maintains patient confidentiality and treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Must understand the basic Microsoft Windows environment, including AD basics. Must have a firm understanding of the components of a PC and how to troubleshoot the device, have a basic understanding of networking and be able to use Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
High school graduate or equivalent is required. One year vocational training and certification to work on computers is required. Undergraduate education and experience in Computer Science preferred.
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 07:22:35 PDT