Distribution Warehouse Supervisor
At Blueprint Studios, we believe that the key to our success is our employees. Our team it's made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We seek people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details. If you are creative, adapted and talented, then you might have found a home with us.
The Distribution Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for highly organized management of the shipping department which includes the management of the company fleet, deliveries, Will-Calls, Sub-Rentals and all event related transportation. Successful department management includes, but is not limited to, Process and workflow development, labor forecast, employee life cycle management and assigned projects in accordance with company policies and business objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in Employee Life Cycle Coordination & Management for the Shipping team in accordance with Blueprint Studios business objective
• Responsible for training and development of all team members
• Manages the Shipping team in accordance with Company policies and procedures
• Conducts employee performance reviews with assistance from Human Resources
• Interviews, Hires and appraises performance of Shipping department employees
• Coordinates entire fleet schedule in balance with business volume levels maximizing cost control
• Ensures in house fleet is secure, clean & properly maintained at all times
• Precisely manages all Sub-rentals/Will Call orders to ensure accurate delivery, logs & returns
• Establishes, Implements & Enforces Systems for managing all outbound shipments
• Creates, Manages & enforces all fleet dispatch procedures & logs
• Serves as the key stakeholder & primary administrator for company fleet tracking and management system
• Creates, Manages & enforces written standard operating procedures as needed
• Manages the Physical movement and storage of company stock, tools, equipment & materials accompanied by an accurate par stock system
• Ensures all company shipping, loss prevention and security measures are implemented & adhered to by staff
• Oversees the accuracy for all related department production status boards• Ensures a clean and safe work environment at all times
• Establishes & Administer all D.O.T, FastTrack & Incident Logs in compliant & organized log System
• Troubleshoots & resolves employee questions and concerns
• Proposes & implements cost effective improvements to fleet, equipment & operational processes
• Trains, classifies & evaluates all department team members in accordance with skill sets
• Assigns daily & weekly schedules related to event volume and department projects
• Specifies a suitable means of transportation and administers their fulfillment
• Ensures department goals (Daily, Weekly, monthly) are met
• Responsible for Schedules, labor forecasts, Planning and the implementation • Responsible for the implementation of departmental budgets and cost contro
l• Provides daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually reports to the Warehouse Manager
• Coordinates with the Warehouse Manager for disposal of unusable materials & trash with established waste management vendors
• Utilizes Company data and analysis to ensure accuracy of information to build labor forecasts & quarterly planning
• Responsible for vendor coordinator and communication
• Available for emergency contact & management assistance when necessary including nights & weekends
• Communicates daily with the Warehouse Manager on workflow & project statuses
• Attends a twice-daily operations meeting, company production meetings & sales meeting as required
• Serves as the key requisition agent for departmental purchases using the company requisition system
• Serves as liaison between the Shipping department and the sales team
• Other duties as assigned
• College Degree• Minimum 3-5 years in event related field operations.
• 1-2 years experience managing staff
• Ability to train and coach staff on a regular basis
• Understands basic accounting & standard business operation practices
• Exercises Independent judgment is goal-oriented and driven to prevent errors and solves problems in all areas of responsibilities
• Provides Written Reports & feedback
• Demonstrates the ability to be organized, detail oriented and team driven
• Advanced computer skills including email, Microsoft office software
• Flexible and adaptable to constant change
• Currently in possession of a valid Driver's license with clear driving record
• Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Respect confidentiality in discussing client's proprietary information and staff
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the crucial functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
• The employee it's required to stand, walk, and use hands and finger, handle, feel, reach with arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
• The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
.• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
.• The noise level in the work environment it's usually moderate to heavy.
• The temperature will vary from hot to cold depending on the weather.
• The employee must be able to drive 16' and 24' truck
Blueprint Studios is a nationally renowned special event design, production and rentals firm, long known for our expertise in establishing industry trends, coupled with a keen client focus and responsiveness. We specialize in delivering products and services to a continuously growing base of clients that range from some of the most prominent corporations to a luxury social customer base.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Our team is made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We are looking for people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details.
South San Francisco, CA
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:05:16 PDT