Senior Quality Engineer
Our client an extremely prominent top 20 tier one supplier providing plastic injection molded components to the automotive industry is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer for their flagship facility in the Greater Detroit MI area. This position has been coined a "critical fill" by the Director of Quality and is open due to continued growth within the organization as they are doing extremely well financially. Our client offers a very generous compensation and benefit package.
- Function as a liaison between internal and external customers, suppliers, source inspectors, and auditors.
- Ability to ensure conformance to requirements outlined by customer specifications and engineering documentation.
- Will assist with all Internal and external customer, supplier, and 3rd Party Registrar Audits.
- Knowledge and toolbox to effectively use Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, 8D, 5Y, GD&T etc.
- Complete Layouts and testing on parts for PPAP, Problem Solving, etc.
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining Quality Documentation, Customer Contact Reports, Customer Sort Reports, Information Relating to Concerns, Procedures, etc.
- Establish, monitor and follow-up on required product testing as required by customer, internal, and benchmarking requirements, to assure product/design intent, function, and integrity.
- Perform Gage R&R, capability studies, and reading blue prints.
- Assist in the generation of Inspection Plans and First Article Inspection Reports as needed
- BSME or Industrial Engineering degree highly preferred.
- 3 years minimum experience with Quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess experience with plastic injection molding.
- Strong ability to communicate written & verbally.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt highly preferred
- Proven ability to lead in quality related projects and facilitate successful completion within specified time parameter.
- QS9000, PPAP, APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, QOS, 8D problem solving and experience.
- Experience with Kaizen events highly desirable
Express Professionals is one of the industry leading executive search firms in North America. Providing comprehensive solutions to your talent acquisition needs that encompass professional level roles in manufacturing. Possessing bandwidth to successfully execute & fulfill roles that include corporate level positions, plant leadership, operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, production, & skilled trades. We value the opportunity to forge strong relationships with clients & candidates alike.
Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:48:26 PDT