JTS is currently seeking multi-discipline Construction Inspectors to join our team to serve on public works projects with experience on bridge, bus transit, rail, aviation, and/or water/wastewater conveyance facilities. The requirements for this position include but are not limited to the following list of knowledge, skills and/or abilities:
Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Piping, ICE Inspectors
- Monitor contractors' activities for compliance with Contract Documents and environmental permits
- Monitor and inspect the work of contractors to ensure proper construction methods are utilized
- Maintain records of accepted work and materials
- Problem-solve when challenges arise
- Review plans, specifications, submittals, drawings, change orders, and Requests for Information for requirements of the construction contract to be applied in the field
- Prepare and maintain documentation including inspection logs, daily reports, force accounts, materials testing, and other construction records
- Prepare and maintain documentation including inspection log including construction photos, daily reports, force accounts, materials testing, and other construction records
- Take or verify field measurements/quantities for contract payments
- Identify construction issues and problems and recommend potential solutions
- Identify, document and track closure of contractor work that is out of compliance or deficient
- Initiate Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) for action by the Resident Engineer
- Participate in team meetings
- Monitor change order work in the field and sign-off on force account work tickets.
- Witness special inspections, testing (on or off-site) of contract material, equipment, and installations.
- Verify/evaluate consultant invoices and provide recommendation for payment.
- Coordinate routine shutdown obtaining required approvals/signatures.
- Inspect and ensure that project red-lines /record drawings are up to date
- Report safety deficiencies and violations when observed.
- Inspection during project closeout; inspecting project punch list and provide status reports on completion progress.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- At least 10 years of experience in construction inspection on bridge, bus transit, rail, aviation, and/or water/wastewater conveyance facilities projects is required.
- Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds is required
- Ability to effectively follow instructions deal effectively with contractors and public.
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, buildings, structure, and bridge plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of construction including material, methods, plans and specifications associated safety requirements.
- Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible schedules including weekends as required to support the project requirements.
- Work in inclement weather conditions.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various audiences English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be organized, accurate, and timely.
- Positive customer service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals.
Jimale Technical Services, LLC. (JTS) is a construction management and project controls consulting company that works in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry for public agencies, and provides consulting services on public works projects. Based in Seattle, Washington. JTS specializes in light rail, roads, mass transit facilities, waste water conveyance, and residential sound improvements for all phases of development.
To learn more about JTS visit www.jts-seattle.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 35 pounds.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:58:28 PDT