Job Description: Director, Finance and Administration
The Director, Finance and Administration is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the OneCenter, which centralizes services including budget, contract management, purchasing and human resources serving all Campus Services units. The Director works closely with the division's senior team to evaluate aspects of the business and providing accurate and actionable reports to assist with decision-making.
The Drexel Campus Services portfolio includes Procurement Services, University Housing, Campus Dining, Retail Management, Bookstores, DragonCard & Dragon Dollars Services, Event & Conference Services, Parking Services, Printing & Mailing Services, Vending and the Drexel Student Centers. Campus Services comprises 2,500,000 square feet, an annual budget of more than $85,000,000 and a team of 63 professional staff members and 250 student employees. It is the mission of Campus Services to create dynamic campus and community destinations and deliver a variety of programs and services that are essential to recruiting and retaining today's students and employees. Success is built upon continuous improvement, strong internal and external partnerships and business acumen.
Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of five years of financial and budgeting experience. Master's Degree preferred.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the OneCenter with a strong focus on service delivery and support, partnership with university colleagues and information-sharing with business partners. Ensure that the team is responding quickly to the needs of the customer, and proactively identify opportunities to centralize administrative responsibilities from the student-facing service and operations teams. Ensure all routine tasks (i.e. monthly P-Card reconciliations, service department chargebacks) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and coordinate the financial and fiscal operations of Campus Services to include the development and administration of revenue, expense and capital budgets and expenditures, and the establishment and management of financial control systems. Monitor financial performance, noting variances and adverse trends. Develop budget projections under various scenarios. Make recommendations and implement upon approval.
- Coordinate all formal reporting processes and timelines including but not limited to the quarterly reporting process, and annual budget submission. Work with the teams to create the necessary reports, ensuring they are both complete with all required information and are accurate. Provide detailed, well-researched, and thought-out analysis that provides the rationale and explanation for the results versus the budget.
- Supervise, train and develop a team and provide financial and administrative training for Campus Services professional staff as needed.
- Support and partner with the senior team to achieve their personnel and staffing-related objectives. Act as the divisional liaison related to all human resource related-issues including recruiting and payroll. Generate and process paperwork associated with position reclassification, position budgeting, and hiring or terminating employees, etc. Regularly review salary lines for the division in an effort to ensure all dollars are optimized to support the mission and goals of Campus Services.
- Participate in cross-departmental business process reviews, including cost-benefit analysis, process mapping/flow charting and perform supporting analysis in an effort to improve the overall efficiency and operational excellence for the division. Represent the financial and administrative perspective in the assigned workgroups. Develop reporting and tracking systems and conduct post-implementation program reviews to ensure the stated goals and objectives of the program are achieved.
- Oversees the division's related activities, procedures, and system tools involved in the compliance of new and existing contracts. Ensures alignment with the university's professional processes and systems, and works collaboratively to ensure both the university and its business partners are meeting the obligations documented in each contract.
- Develop and implement mechanisms including the use of technology to ensure that the OneCenter provides timely and professional services that enhance the goals of Campus Services. Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial systems that support the growth and efficiency of Campus Services.
- As appointed by supervisor and/or the Vice President of Campus Services, represent the department and division on committees and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supplementary Posting Information:
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Apply through the link below or search requisition
8197 on www.drexeljobs.com