Director of Nursing-Hospice
Job Summary: Responsible for the clinical operations and supervision of all nursing staff insuring competent, accurate and safe delivery of care to all hospice patients. Will also manage, maintain regulations and compliance of standards for palliative care.
- Manages and directs delivery of patient care to designated geographical areas and teams.
- Responsible for staffing productivity and identifies staffing needs to insure adequate staff coverage to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Provides leadership to clinical teams, directs staff meetings and patient care conferences on a regular basis. Assures and promotes education, orientation, competency testing for the staff.
- Is knowledgeable of federal and state licensing regulations and accreditation standards and is able to interpret regulations for clinical staff to insure patient advocacy, informed decision making and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Is knowledgeable of reimbursement requirements for all third party payers.
- Builds relationship (s) with referral sources.
- Reviews treatment plans to insure orders, frequencies and documentation are complete and accurate. Insures all documentation is received and reviewed timely.
- Responsible to determine acceptance of patients involves physician's orders are followed, frequency and duration are completed by competent staff, and communication occurs between disciplines.
- Responsible to schedule team meetings and case conferences as indicated to assure staff complete POC's and modify orders as indicated. Team meetings may also involve update of policies and procedures and will be supervised by the manager.
- Assures that staff responds to UR and chart notices timely.
- Collaborates with billing to ensure timeliness and clinical accuracy.
- Is a good steward of resources working within budget, managing productivity and practicing cost containment.
- Oversight of utilization, electronic documentation accuracy and completeness of scheduling.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Current RN license, BSN preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in a management capacity
The Destiny Home Health and Hospice Team is comprised of physicians and our caring and compassionate staff members who provide support to patient and loved ones around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our hospice team includes a Medical Director who will consult with your physician to manage pain and symptoms and make house calls as needed, nurses that assess and manage your pain and provide overall care, home health aides that help with personal care and lighten the burden of caregivers by helping with light household chores, social workers that counsel, provide emotional support and help with financial and planning issues, Chaplains who offer pastoral care, addressing the spiritual concerns of patient and loved one, volunteers who are specially trained are available to offer companionship, emotional support, and assist patient and family when needed most and bereavement Support for loved ones continues for 12 months or longer after the patient has passed on.
Moreno Valley, CA
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:04:05 PDT