Senior Campaign Manager - Special Events
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Senior Campaign Manager, Special Events
Location: Massachusetts Chapter - Natick, MA
Summary: Responsible for managing and implementing one (1) large or multiple large fundraising campaign(s) or core event(s) in support of LLS' mission, and to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Oversee all aspects of large fundraising campaign(s) to include the Light The Night Walk, Team In Training, School & Youth Programs, Man & Woman of the Year, Leukemia Cup Regatta, or special events.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and event participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage them in the LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Managers, Specialist, and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer development and cultivation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
9 Erie Drive
Natick, MA 01760
Online: Sr. Campaign Manager, Special Events
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IND123
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding research, finding cures and ensuring access to treatments for blood cancer patients.
Since 1949 LLS has been on the forefront of blood cancer advances such as chemotherapies and stem cell transplantation leading the way to the targeted therapies and immunotherapies that are saving thousands of lives today.
LLS is changing the landscape of cancer with more than 300 active research projects that explore different avenues of new and adventurous research; ones with promise and ones that will save lives not someday, but today.
Whenever we talk about cancer, we always use the same word. Someday. Someday there will be a cure. Someday we won't lose the people we love. But when is someday? With LLS research partnerships and collaborations with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, patients support services and advocates working for blood cancer patients everywhere, someday is today.
For more information, please visit www.lls.org.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:39:55 PDT