The Texas NIC Project Portfolio Management Office team is currently searching for a full-time Scrum Master to join their growing team.
As an integral member of an Agile Delivery Team, the Scrum Master is responsible for leading multiple Agile development projects to implement complex technology and business products. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining Agile training, providing guidance for entry-level engineers, ensuring that processes are aligned with the goals of the business, and measuring processes against the goals. The Scrum Master works across organizations to bring clarity, cohesiveness, transparency, organization, and accountability to all development projects.
The Scrum Master has intellectual curiosity, strong technical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence cross-functional teams. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and have an entrepreneurial spirit, NIC may be a fit for you
• Ensures Agile/Scrum/SAFe processes are implemented effectively; practicing continuous improvement
• Brings clarity, cohesiveness, transparency, organization, and accountability to all development projects
• Improves and facilitates all project and software development processes to create agreement and alignment with departmental objectives of productivity, timeliness, and quality
• Provides coaching of team members, Product Owners, Product Development Team and other Scrum Masters
• Assists teams in making commitments through story creation, task definition, and sizing
• Facilitates sprint demos, planning, and retrospectives
• Identifies and removes impediments that interfere with the team's delivery of sprint goals
• Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress
• Conducts retrospectives to continuously improve project results
• Creates and maintains process documentation
• Ensures teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, and visibility
• Ensures the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
• Strong working knowledge of Agile processes, concepts, and principles
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
• Excellent facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to influence change at all levels
• Customer focused, sensitive to customer needs, their critical business cycles and schedules
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering.
• 5+ years' experience in Program/Project Management with at least 2 years managing AGILE projects
• Experience with structured SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
• Experience with web-based applications and online industry
• Product Management and/or Development experience a plus
• Competitive compensation program
• No-cost group medical/dental insurance
• Stock purchase plan
• Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Company wellness program
• Casual and fun office environment
• Paid State holidays/vacation
• Tuition reimbursement
Think this sounds awesome?
We do too, so let us see what you look like on paper! Please submit your resume, references and all of the following: cover letter / work examples etc.
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, to view our Equal Opportunity policy, visit http://www.egov.com/careers .
Do you want to work for a company that makes lives easier every day? Are you interested in developing innovative technologies to improve government?
Then NIC is the perfect place for you! NIC works every day to make government more accessible and efficient for all. We are the leading provider of digital government solutions for more than 4,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has even named NIC as one of the 100 Best Small Companies in America several years in a row. Come work for one of the best, and together we'll make good government great.
Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:20:19 PDT