Service Technical Engineer (Automotive) AIN-16-16 & AIN-17-16
Provides future vehicle service readiness coordination for Isuzu supplied commercial trucks and medium duty truck diesel engines. Reviews and provides input on Isuzu manuals and technical training, special tools, and diagnostic equipment. Provides support in the development of technical publications, data, and reports (i.e., service/diagnostic/owner manuals, training guides, etc.). Supports Service Development Engineering Supervisor who develops and provides direction to Isuzu Motors America (ISZA) and Isuzu Japan management and engineers on future service requirements: diagnostic tools, special tools, industry and dealer needs. Reviews Isuzu material (i.e., service bulletins, diagnostic manuals, and training materials) for accuracy and understandability. Assists ISZA with quality assurance service activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent directly related work experience
- Minimum two years' experience in the automotive service and parts environment, preferably in commercial vehicles.
- SAE and ASM club member, and ASE certified or equivalent.
- Knowledge of:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering theories and principles
- Vehicle communications; control module programming
- Engine, transmission, and powertrain components
- Dealer service activities
- Failure analyses of electrical and/or mechanical components
- Must also possess:
- Excellent PC skills in Windows applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Engineering analysis skills
- Application of automotive equipment both mechanical/electrical and computers and have the ability to interpret charts and data
Isuzu is the global leader in commercial vehicles and diesel engines. We consistently focus on "Creation Without Compromise" in the process of building and maintaining a world class organization. By expanding our operations across the globe, Isuzu products benefit people in over 100 countries. To ensure the most advanced performance and superb service, we are moving forward in product development, quality, manufacturing systems and customer support, which will become the new global standards of excellence. We hold an uncompromising commitment to improvement for better products and a better partnership with the world.
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:19:52 PDT