Hands on Transportation Manager with the ability to understand and grow the transportation department into an efficient and effective department.
Reports directly to Director Operations
- Driver Helpers
The Transportation Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate all facets of the transportation operations at Julius Silvert, Inc.
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles.
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Implement schedule and policy changes
- Ensure department is compliant with all DOT and other Federal and State Transportation Agencies. This should be checked regularly.
- Maintain daily logs to verify drivers complete a pre-trip truck inspection
- Train drivers to perform at required standards
- Uniform with work boots
- Clean and well groomed
- Delivery is made with accuracy
- Product is checked correctly at customer
- Proper paperwork is signed by customer
- Driver calls with any returned product
- Once approved, credit memo is left with customer and driver returns product
- Driver Check-in Process is accurate
- Driver returns with paperwork
- Returns Coordinator verifies all invoices are accounted for
- Makes certain any COD invoices has payment
- Credit memo slips are numerically correct
- Returned product is verified with the return log
- Any missing product is researched and a shortage reason must be determined
- Telematics & Fleetmatics -Tracking software supplied through Ryder that must be utilized daily.
- Are trucks off route
- Is the timing between stops reasonable
- Are trucks abiding the speed limit
- Negotiate new leases with 3rd Party assistance
- Review and approve monthly Ryder bills
- Monitor and approve truck maintenance
- Handle truck break downs and bill backs to Ryder
- Communicate with Ryder weekly
- Verify trucks have updated inspection and registration stickers
- Full understanding and ownership of the entire routing.
- Understand the system process of routing
- Knowledge of customers and delivery request time
- Verifying trucks are loaded correctly to ease the process of delivery
- Maximize truck space
- Time sensitive and must be completed by deadline
- Verify all daily truck departures
- Understand the required paperwork and system process for shipping product
- Accountability for missing product that was loaded on truck
- Work with purchasing for scheduling daily backhauls
- Understand the vendors and the hours of operation
- Be aware of the challenges involved with backhauls.
- Other tasks and special assignments on an "as need" basis.
- Must be accessible at all times.
Located in Philadelphia, a family owned food wholesale distribution company. In the past several years we have experience tremendous growth and we are currently looking to add to our team. Our company recognizes that a quality team is vital to support our quality products and services. With this in mind, we are continually striving to find the most qualified and committed candidates to join our team--those with a talent and passion for what they do!
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 06:42:33 PDT