Supervise plant production in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Ensure smooth production operation during shift.
- Train and coach production line employees.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs), HACCP, and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Communicate with other Shift Supervisors and Plant Manager.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Complete shift paper work.
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of three (5) years of work experience in food manufacturing environment.
Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity, Financial Planning and Strategy.
Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Business, Engineering or related field, with previous experience in food manufacturing, bilingual English / Spanish.
We are a leading, ultra-premium, USA pet treat manufacturer with international distribution through the Pet Specialty market.
For more information on our brand visit us at www.platopettreats.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:17:07 PDT