R & D Test Engineer
R&D Test Engineer
APIC Corporation delivers monolithically integrated photonic-electronic circuits, microprocessors, and reconfigurable fiber networks to DoD and Federal Agencies which far exceed today's capabilities at a fraction of the size, weight, power, and total ownership cost.
Location: Culver City, CA
We are looking for a fast-paced test engineer with the drive and desire to take on multiple responsibilities within an R&D small-company environment. This is a position for an engineer that will be responsible for testing optical components and systems, debugging and prototyping software, and trouble shooting electrical circuit boards. Job responsibilities would be diverse and varied and requires someone who is able and willing to learn quickly and pay attention to detail.
• Design and development of automated test software
• Support/Maintain Windows GUIs
• Design and development of test stations including building test fixtures and mantaining equipment
• Work with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, optical spectrum analyzers, etc.) to test modules and systems that include RF and optical components such as lasers and photo diodes
• Debug and test prototype circuit boards, including low noise and RF
• Debug and characterize prototype optical systems
• Work with technicians to help improve testing and debug test stations
• Work with design and process engineers in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve project goals
• Assist in the transition of prototype products to manufacturing.
• BSCE, BSCS, and/or BSEE. MS a plus.
• 1 to 5 years relevant experience required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Experience with standard lab equipment required
• Experience with optics, both free space and fiber, required
• Experience with RF test equipment and circuitry a plus
• Experience with Python and/or Labview a plus
• Experience with user interface design a plus
• Experience with GPIB, RS232/RS485/UART, TCP/IP a plus
• DVCS experience a plus (e.g. Git, Mercurial)
US Citizenship or permanent residence required.
APIC Corp. is an industry leader in highly integrated Photonics and Electronics (HIP) technology, large-scale integration of Photonics with Electronics. The company is expanding manufacturing operations in Opto-Electronic packaging. Operations include government research,development, design, prototyping and production of specialized photonic products. Located in Culver City, CA. Competitive salaries and benefits.
Culver City, CA
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:38:53 PDT