Construction Manager / Resident Engineer
Construction Manager/Resident Engineer
Jimale Technical Services, LLC, Seattle, WA
JTS is seeking a dependable Construction Manager/Resident engineer with project management experience. Candidate should be experienced in serving as an owner representative on various alternative delivery methods to manage construction management teams on transportation facilities and waste water conveyance projects. Candidate must be accountable for project delivery to public agencies, public districts and port authorities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have expert knowledge of design and construction methods, processes and management practices and a minimum of 8 years' experience managing alternative delivery methods. Candidate must be a problem solver, great communicator, highly organized, and responsive to the needs of internal and external clients. Candidate must have proven abilities to work effectively with project owners, general contractors, superintendents, and safety personnel.
- Serve as Owner's Representative to stakeholders, general contractor, and engineers
- Engaged in various project reviews, including but not limited to value engineering, constructability, building information modeling, progress review meetings.
- Provide technical assistance in recommending or assessing construction conditions to minimize project risk and impact.
- Manage construction management team relating to scheduling, cost control, document control and project administration.
- Reporting project progress. Timely and effective communication with owners and contractors on project status addressing questions, modifications, and procurement schedules as required.
- Lead in establishing project expectations, maintaining quality and retaining cost effectiveness for the overall project.
- Communicate project expectations and accountability needed for the project's success.
- Required experience working with government agencies on transportation (transit and airport facilities) and waste water/water capital projects providing construction management.
- Ability to obtain within 6 months of employment Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications, Certified Cost Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
- Knowledge of FAA, FTA and FRA regulatory requirements and standards, a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple, complex projects in diverse areas.
- A plus, experience working in a fast pace consulting firm. Ability to assist in business development including preparation of proposals and presentations.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field required.
- 8 - 10 years experienced in public works, commercial service and/or aviation facility construction projects.
- 5+ years project management experience.
- Design Build project management, working directly on projects with a broad scope of work.
- Experience on Public agency projects along with strong planning skills, negotiation skills, and the ability to collaboratively lead teams.
About Jimale Technical Services, LLC:
Jimale Technical Services, LLC (JTS) is a construction management and project controls consulting company that works in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry for public agencies, and provides consulting services on public works projects. Based in Seattle, Washington. JTS specializes in light rail, roads, mass transit facilities, waste water conveyance, and residential sound improvements for all phases of development
To learn more about JTS visit www.jts-seattle.com
Jimale Technical Services, LLC. (JTS) is a construction management and project controls consulting company that works in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry for public agencies, and provides consulting services on public works projects. Based in Seattle, Washington. JTS specializes in light rail, roads, mass transit facilities, waste water conveyance, and residential sound improvements for all phases of development.
To learn more about JTS visit www.jts-seattle.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 35 pounds.
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:36:24 PDT