Asst/Associate Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy (F091)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy
Position Tracking Number: F091
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Department: Graduate Psychology
The Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology: Marriage and Family Therapy program is dedicated to the education and training of competent, self-aware, and culturally sensitive family therapists. Using a foundation in Christian faith, a systemic family psychology approach, and an integration of theories of psychotherapy, students explore personal, ethical, and social values as they prepare to serve the needs of their communities.
Location: Azusa Campus
Twelve month, full-time faculty position designed for students who are seeking licensure as marriage and family therapists under the requirements of the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The successful candidate will teach, develop curricula, and research in the area of family therapy and psychotherapy.
Specialization: Marriage and Family Therapist education, Clinical experience, other adjunctive training.
- Teach marriage and family courses such as family therapy, couples counseling, child and adolescent psychotherapy, basic intervention skills, group skills, and others areas of training
- Participation in the life of the department as well as the university is required
- Attend monthly and/or semi-monthly department meetings
- Assist in selection processes of new applicants to the MFT program
- Participate in the curricular development and assessment development of the MFT program
- Contribution of expertise and knowledge to the department, university, and local community
Level: Faculty Appointment, rank based on education and experience.
Qualifications: Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, a minimum of three years experienced as a licensed clinician. Prior teaching experience strongly preferred. AAMFT approved supervisor. Basic computer skills required.
Experience: Clinical training, Supervisory experience, Ability to be flexible with teaching schedules, Team player
Workload: Twelve month contract, full-time
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.