Bakery Manufacturing Plant Manager
Bakery Plant Manager: To safely produce and deliver a quality product and service to the customer's satisfaction. This function is to be performed cost effectively.
- Develop, implement and follow-up plans to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain productivity standards.
- Responsible to procure the necessary resources to ensure the effective operation of the production department.
- Direct supervision of Production Supervisors
- Participate as an active member in the safety, quality and food safety committees. Perform accident reviews and investigations as well as any other special safety assignments.
- Enforce all company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Keep employees informed on factors relating to their work assignment, work progress, and opportunity for advancement.
- Develop and implement improvements and changes in the work instructions, job descriptions and training needs.
- Address, as needed, employee relation issues.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of production experience in a manufacturing environment required. Bakery or food manufacturing preferred. With a minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity in a manufacturing environment required. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive experience in manufacturing management.
- Experience and exposure to regulatory inspections (AIB, OSHA, ASI, Health Dept.,EPA, City and County Inspectors)
- Experience with Quality Systems and Programs.
- Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Team management/leadership/development skills, including the ability to manage people in an organization matrix and get the best out of them, successful in building and mentoring high performance teams.
- Maturity, self-confidence and strong communication skills will be critical for this role.
- Effectively communicate in Spanish and English both verbal and written.
- Be able to walk long distances and to be on his/her feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:05:30 PDT