Engineering Technician III
Tentative timeframe is 01/19/2016 - 07/17/2016
Our client's team is working on how to spread and improve the internet across the planet. As a Engineering Technician on their team, you will be assembling, testing and characterizing state-of-the-art wireless and fiber technologies, working across a number of projects that share a lab in Mountain View. The successful candidate will have a high degree of initiative and be willing to work on a broad range of tasks to keep our equipment maintained, our lab organized, our engineers productive and our experiments running smoothly.
- Soldering electronics, assemble mechanical fixtures, and splice fiber optic cables.
- Perform tests using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and automated test equipment.
- Inventory and calibrate lab equipment, and maintain lab computers.
- Write comprehensive documentation on test and assembly procedures.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of modern analog and electronic circuits.
- Proficient with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, amp-probes, logic analyzers, communication analyzers, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows computer environments - Use text editor, look at directory inside Linux and be able to edit files.
- Ability to clearly present information both orally and in written format to all levels of engineering individuals.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude towards using hand tools such as drivers, hammers, drills, and crimpers.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative.
- Willingness to travel offsite to perform tests on occasion.
- Be able to work from schematics, CAD drawings, rough engineering drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to solder surface mount and through hole components (0402 or smaller).
- Working knowledge of digital electronics.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Akorbi offers multilingual business solutions in more than 170 languages to some of the largest companies in the world. The company offers a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions, including: professional staffing, translation, interpretation, multilingual call centers, business process outsourcing, sign language interpretation, alternate formats, transcription, eLearning and eDiscovery. The company holds several certifications including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, EN 15038:2006 and M/WBE Certification.
Mountain View, CA
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:02:13 PDT