Assistant Project Manager-Project Mgr for Top General Contractor in OC
The Assistant Project Manager works as a member of a team providing close support to the Project Manager and assists in representing the company with subcontractors, architects, engineers and owners. The Assistant Project Manager will help in managing all project engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions including but not limited to:
- Supporting project managers and project team in all facets of scheduling, project execution and cost management.
- Assisting project team with creating, reviewing and distributing RFI's and submittals as needed.
- Developing a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure that compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Distributing change order information/documentation to subcontractors and the project team. Preparing Owner and Subcontractor Change Orders for review and approval.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly job cost reports and forecasts.
- Preparing monthly progress and final billings.
- Coordinating project meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Managing minor capital projects as needed.
- Fostering and enhancing the company's relationships with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Performing special projects and completing all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
4-6 years of building construction experience required. Four-year college degree in construction management, engineering or business administration is preferred. Knowledge of estimating, scheduling, and engineering principles and techniques. Thorough knowledge and understanding of contract documents, materials, means and methods. Ability to read drawings and evaluate specifications. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project). Very strong English oral & written communication skills required.
Competitive pay depending on experience. Compensation package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K plan, paid time off (PTO) and discretionary performance based bonus plan.
AGI General Contracting (AGI) is a commercial general contracting firm that was founded in 1978 and has successfully completed projects in a wide range of industries, from grocery stores and retail developments to medical facilities, restaurants and theme parks. AGI is a relationship based contractor that is serious about taking care of its clients. We are considered a top contractor by our clients as demonstrated by the consistent pipeline of work that we do for them. AGIs growing list of clients includes over a dozen national/regional retailers, developers and healthcare providers. AGI General Contracting has been recognized as a Top Tenant Improvement Contractor by the Orange County Business Journal (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014).
Our vision is to be the leading retail commercial general contracting firm specializing in the food & drug industry in the West.
AGIs Values are Integrity, Family, Safety, Customer Satisfaction, Customer-Centric, Giving Back.
AGI General Contracting has always been a family owned and operated business, and our work environment reflects our values. We reward talent, loyalty, pride of workmanship, whatever it takes attitude and reliability. We provide opportunities to grow and advance based on performance. If you share our high standards and solid values, we would love to talk with you about an opportunity for a rewarding future with AGI.
Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:58:46 PDT