Construction Project Manager
Project Managers for Commercial Construction
Company: Steed Construction, Inc.
We are seeking Qualified Project Managers to handle commercial construction projects located in Idaho, Utah and other surrounding Western States. The successful candidate will report to our Eagle Idaho office and may require some travel to visit their assigned projects as needed.
The Project Manger is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. The Projects Manager may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time and should maximize project profitability and promote Company objectives and goals through the performance of his/her job, meeting quality and safety standards as well as meeting owner expectations. The Project Manager is expected to asses and responds to customer needs and cultivates customer relationships through proactive interaction with project owners. This position must also foster the fundamental Company business philosophies as well as assist in the process of training and developing employees under his/her supervision.
1. Assists in the preparation of estimates for the projects.
2. Prepares project budgets and historic cost reports as required.
3. Leads the project team in preparing the project team plan.
4. Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
5. Organizes and holds pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
6. Participates in the successful negotiations and preparation of all project subcontracts.
7. Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project superintendent.
8. Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
Qualifications - MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE ON COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. RANGING FROM $1 TO $20 MILLION IN VALUE.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and at least 10 years project management experience.
2. Strong ability to manage complex projects.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Good quality control skill set..
5. Excellent ability to resolve problems and issues with co-workers, owners, and subordinates.
6. In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
7. Working knowledge of current commercial construction practices.
8. Must possess a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screening test.
9. Excellent understanding and ability to apply building codes and other design requirements.
10. Good blueprint reading skills.
11. Excellent problem solving ability.
12. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
13. Demonstrated ability to successfully function as a team leader.
14. Must be able to perform in a paperless environment utilizing digital files and equipment.
15. The ability to travel to and from job sites and corporate office.
16. Good driving record.
17. The ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.
Additional or Preferred:
1. Bachelors degree in construction management or engineering.
2. Professional affiliation (e.g., AGC member)
3. SWPP Training.
4. CPR Training.
Steed Construction, Inc. is a Subchapter S Corporation founded in 1988 that provides high quality commercial construction services throughout the Western United States. The corporate office is located in Eagle, Idaho with a branch office in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are a mid-size, growing, business looking for a self-motivated and highly driven team player to join our team of experienced professionals. Our culture is customer service and team oriented with high accountability and rewards excellent results. For more information on Steed Construction, visit our web site at: www.steedconstruction.com or visit us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.
Steed Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin.
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 08:15:46 PDT