Graduate Assistant - Women's Soccer
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Aurora University, a NCAA Division III institution seeks applications for a graduate student assistant for with the women's soccer program. Coaching responsibilities will be assigned by the head coach and include but may not be limited to: Coaching responsibilities will be assigned by the head coach and include but may not be limited to: coaching and instruction, practice and game preparation, recruiting, video breakdown, marketing, academic monitoring, and coordinating volunteer and community events, and other duties as assigned. The graduate assistant will receive a tuition waiver and a stipend. Appointment date: mid to late August, 2017. Successful candidate must pursue a graduate degree while serving as a graduate assistant. For more information regarding admission to a graduate program at Aurora University: http://www.aurora.edu/admission/graduate/index.html For additional information please email: Troy Edwards, Head Coach for Women’s Soccer, at TEdwards@aurora.edu
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the Head Coach by carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Coaches the position(s) or segments necessary as directed by the head coach.
- Recruits individual student-athletes or territories as directed by the head coach.
- Understands and follows NCAA and conference rules and regulations. Follows NCAA recruitment rules as outlined in Bylaw 13 in the NCAA Division Ill Manual. Reports any alleged violations of NCAA, conference, or institutional rules and regulations.
- Assists student-athletes and their parents in understanding the educational programs and opportunities at Aurora University as well as the opportunities in the athletic program. Answers questions to aid in the in understanding of NCAA Division Ill rules related to recruitment.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of practices as necessary.
- Maintains self-control and poise; provides an example of sportsmanlike conduct for team members, officials, opponents and spectators.
- Maintains professional relationships with student-athletes on the team in which they instruct.
- Drives university or rental vehicles as needed for away contests.
- Performs special and/or additional duties as required by the Director of Athletics.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Collegiate playing experience preferred
- Valid driver's license and driving record which meets institutional requirements is required.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.