Quality Control Inspector
Quality Assurance (International and Domestic)
Reporting Relationship: TBD
Location: U.S. and Indonesia
The primary responsibility of Quality Assurance is to plan, coordinate and direct all aspects of quality control and timely shipment of products in order to effectively achieve Company's goals and objectives for the international facility.
Note: This position requires frequent travel to Indonesia.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Administer and oversee domestic and international quality control objectives and instill continuous improvement.
• Develop a quality benchmark against best-in-class industry standards.
• Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics for quality efficiencies.
• Create and improve methods and procedures for comprehensive inspection and quality control checklists.
• Identify key opportunities for improvement, develop a plan, assist with execution, improvement and provide feedback of results from improvement.
• Verify finished products meet all specifications including dimensional and visual characteristics according to Company standards prior to delivery to end user.
• Inspects parts, materials and structure to verify compliance to required specifications.
• Provide specialized product knowledge and expertise in all product specific characteristics, traits, procedures, parts and assembly.
• Train quality control team members on quality control processes and standards to ensure consistency in the US and abroad.
• Liaison to overseas production, quality control and assurance.
• Regularly communicate with principles and management on performance and deliverables from international facility.
• Identify and communicate potential risks and devise potential contingency plans.
• Track, monitor and report quality assurance issues in order to communicate any potential discrepancies to necessary departments and management.
• Communicate with Principals and Operations on a regular basis.
• Work with cross-functional departments in Indonesia and U.S. to ensure profitability of the Company.
Qualifications include (but not limited to):
• Bachelors of Science degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Business or related field.
• Advanced degree a plus.
• Global management experience required.
• Experience with the furniture industry required.
• 10+ years of quality control experience
• Strong business acumen.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Expertise in R&D, production and processing, including knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, cost and related techniques and technology.
• Posses excellent mathematical skill, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, and statistics.
• Ability to develop strategies, processes and procedures.
• Strong working knowledge of operation software tools.
• SAP B1 experience preferred.
• Strong work ethic.
• Professional leadership skills including conflict management skills.
• Strong prioritization, coordination, motivation, coaching and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in writing and orally.
• Ability to travel internationally up to approximately 30%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:47:07 PDT