Director HIM, Principal Consultant (NATIONWIDE TRAVEL)
The HIM Principal Consultant will provide high level, professional consulting services and project management to HIM Departments by performing comprehensive assessments, while offering and implementing results oriented deliverables to enhance operational workflow, policies, procedures, and practices. This is an opportunity to join MedAssets-Precyse on a full-time basis for HIM Consulting engagements.
- Develops strategic and occasional tactical plans for an HIM department.
- Independently manages multiple client priorities and develops project plans and timetables commensurate with each assignment. Comprehensive, clear and concise documentation of project status, recommendations, deliverables and outcomes required.
- Responsible for analyzing and improving processes based on scope of work.
- Manages projects by handling the executive relationship, organizing the team, structuring the work plan, introducing the completed work to client.
- Identifies problems which needs to be fixed, carries out some preliminary research and examines the existing data related to the issue(s).
- Conducts current state assessments and creates future state designs.
- Develops products and commercializes them for clients.
- Ensures the completion of deliverables outlined in scope of work; communicates to Precyse's HIM Consulting Director through weekly status reports on progress to achieve, barriers or concerns on engagement.
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality and follows state, federal and hospital guidelines for the release of information.
- Maintains current skill set with regard to government regulations, compliance and TJC and DNV guidelines. Must be able to lead efforts for TJC or DNV preparation and survey.
- Keeps abreast of new legislation and regulations that affect HIM.
- Travel may include weekday and / or weekend travel. Must also have high speed internet access and experience with remote access, set-up, and troubleshooting technical issues when working remotely.
- Supports our Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by training participation and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- The HIM Consultant will need to travel 100% of the time.
- RHIA and/or RHIT with Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong knowledge of the implementation of Document Imaging, Electronic Medical Record, or other hospital information systems proficiency required.
- Strong working knowledge of computer technology and automated systems design required. Computer knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Certification in Precyse Technology (future).
- Required previous consulting experience and/or work flow design expertise.
- Required to be proficient in the following HIM skills: DNFB management, CMS regulations, TJC standards knowledge, HIPAA knowledge, project management, electronic record implementation and re-engineering, MPI cleanup, operational assessment, outsource transcription management, compliance regulations knowledge, software/hardware justification, operational assessment, process improvement and staffing.
- 7+ years of experience as a Director of Health Information Management in at least two 200+ bed facilities required.
- Additional certifications such as CCS, CPHQ or CHPS a plus.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience as Regional Director preferred.
- Six Sigma training strongly preferred.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
New York, NY
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 06:17:51 PDT