Lecturer in Business Law
The Division of Accounting & Law at Babson College invites applicants for a full-time lecturer position in the area of entrepreneurial business law to start in the Fall 2017 semester. Law faculty will usually teach the graduate and undergraduate courses in business law. A successful applicant must have a JD from an accredited university.
We are looking for an accomplished full-time faculty member who:
• Is enthusiastic about teaching business law for an entrepreneurially-minded global multi-cultural student audience and who has a successful record of training experience.
• Brings depth in practical expertise with emerging businesses that will add to the classroom experience and intellectual community of the College.
• Takes a proactive approach to business law for strategic advantage.
• Presents the “why” as well as the “what” and “how” when teaching business law.
• Is a team player, ready to collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to teach in an integrated, cross-disciplinary context.
• Will use new technologies and other innovative modes for course delivery.
• Will serve as a faculty advisor to Babson's business incubator program.
• Is experienced in working/teaching in ways that will enhance the college's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Will contribute to campus life as an integrated full-time faculty member including scholarship and serving on committees.
• Will be an engaging and helpful colleague who is committed to the success of Babson College.
Applicants with relevant action-oriented, innovative and integrative teaching and practical experience, professional licensure and proficiency in using WestlawNext or LexisNexis will be given preference.
Babson College offers courses in different formats, including traditional semester schedules, intensive classroom experiences and formats which combine on-line teaching with in-person classroom sessions. Successful applicants may be asked to attend a training program and to shadow experienced faculty members for up to a semester.
Screening of applications will begin on June 5, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants please submit your electronic application through https://babson.peopleadmin.com. Paper applications will not be accepted
Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. Babson's dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students gain multidimensional abilities and can make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world.
Babson has more than 2,000 full-time undergraduate students and more than 900 full and part-time graduate students, representing more than 80 countries. Non-U.S. students comprise about 30% of undergraduate students and about 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community.
Required Applicant Documents:
Current curriculum vitae
Statement of law teaching philosophy (max. one page)
Evidence of training effectiveness
Sample of written work