Project Engineer (Purchasing); Design-Build Construction
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the management of construction and administrative activities associated with the field operations of a project. This person is also tasked with bringing the project to completion on schedule, within budget and per the project specifications, while simultaneously enforcing all Safety and Quality Control policies and procedures in alignment with all EXXCEL policies and regulations. Provide support to the Project Team to ensure quality and timely execution of Design/Build Projects from design to completion. These phases include: Scheduling, Subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of Subcontracts, the handling of Owner coordination, construction quality oversight, and Project closeout.
POSITION TITLE: Project Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Operations/Project Management
REPORTS TO: Project Executive
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAM: Field Engineer, Superintendent, Project Admin
- Participate with Project Team and Pre-construction services in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
- Coordinate with Project Site Superintendent in development of a Project site logistics plan
- Assist Site Superintendent in the management of Subcontractors
- Maintain understanding of the EXXCEL/Owner Contract
- Oversee the submittal, change order, and pay request process
- Assist in generation of Project costs and Job Cost Report
- Contribute to the analyzing and forecast of quarterly Total Cost projection reports
- Monitor and record training of all staff personnel
- Monitor Project labor
- Report and track equipment needs
- Assist Pre-construction services in bidding Projects
- Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Participate in the Project's quality process
- Contribute to schedule and Project close-out processes
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS:
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Ability to identify, assimilate and comprehend the critical elements of a situation to extract and interpret implications of courses of actions to attend to details of a problem.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, tracks assists in developing budgets.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Ability to monitor construction scheduled and achieve cooperation of superintendents and subcontractors.
- Communicates expectations and importance of safety. Follows up and insures safety audits are completed accurately and timely. Identifies critical issues and assists in the development of improvement procedures.
- 0 to 7 Years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Experienced dealing with Subcontracts, Subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a plus
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Successful internships or Project Engineering experience on projects of at least $5 million (Design/Build preferred) is a plus
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding
- Ability to lift objects at least 50 lbs.
Please visit our website at www.exxcel.com for more information about our company!
EXXCEL Project Management, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Sun, 23 Apr 2017 09:24:38 PDT