Director, Center for Accelerated and Professional Studies
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Center for Accelerated and Professional Studies. The Director has both the authority and responsibility for planning, budgeting, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum, instruction, development and other academic matters within the Division. The Director is responsible to maintain and enhance quality of the curriculum and instruction within the Division and will work closely with academic leadership in other areas of the College to ensure alignment of curriculum for programs in similar disciplines.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Deans/Chairs/Program Directors in other areas of the College to ensure the quality and alignment of Division curriculum with that of the traditional programs in the same disciplines.
- Oversee the development of new curriculum and revision of existing curriculum within the Division. Implement a regular schedule of curriculum review and revision to ensure course materials are kept up-to-date.
- Work closely with appropriate staff in the Enrollment Management division of the College in matters relating to business development and new program development.
- Hire, select and contract with faculty to teach all courses within the Division, utilizing program administrators in traditional programs as a resource.
- Oversee, advise and mentor faculty within the Division; review student course evaluations and conduct other measures to ensure the quality of instruction in all courses in the Division
- Seek opportunities for grants and other fundraising and for community engagement.
- Oversee assessment efforts for programs within the Division, working collaboratively with the Institutional Research and Assessment office.
- Manage scheduling of courses within the Division.
- Master’s degree in education, higher education administration, or a related discipline required.
- 5+ years’ experience in higher education administration, including supervisory experience.
- College-level teaching and curriculum development experience; online teaching and course development experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including senior administrators, faculty, staff, community partners and funding sources.
- Commitment to innovation in managing and developing academic programs.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org