Blue Arbor is currently seeking a Construction Inspector in Pensacola, FL. This position inspects the progress and quality of contractor work on construction projects to ensure compliance with County standards, and provides daily reports to project managers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Inspects construction projects to observe compliance with construction plans and specifications; reads and interprets construction plans and specifications.
- Travels to and from project sites.
- Prepares and disseminates reports related to construction observations.
- Monitors contractor compliance with applicable environmental standards.
- Creates photo documentations of job site progression and problems for County archives.
- Monitors the daily maintenance of traffic and on-site utilities operations.
- Receives and responds to citizen concerns and needs; investigates complaints; follows up with citizens to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Participates in pre and post-construction conferences.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and up to one year of general construction experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements (positions in this class typically require):
- Valid driver's license
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Construction principles and methods
- Documentation methods
- Customer service principles
- Construction inspection methods
- Safe work practices
Skills (position requirements at entry):
- Reading construction drawings and/or specifications
- Inspecting construction projects
- Utilizing tools and equipment of the trade
- Documenting observations
- Providing customer service
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: balancing, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, fumes, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, workspace restrictions, intense noises and travel.
****Please respond with resume and/or contact information.
Please submit resumes or contact information (with work history) for consideration. Call our Gulf Breeze, FL office to inquire. For more information, please visit us on the web, www.bluearbor.com.
Founded in 1981, Blue Arbor is a woman-owned North Carolina HUB Certified small business enterprise specializing in the placement of thoroughly screened and qualified temporary and permanent personnel, extensive background screening, comprehensive drug testing and DNA Paternity testing.
In 2006 Atlantic Gulf Coast Contracting, Inc., Managed by Blue Arbor, was established to serve the construction, renovation and disaster recovery needs of the Southeastern and Midwestern areas of the United States. It has now progressed into a full range service provider performing a diverse range of Government Contracting Services, Subcontracting Services, and Contract Management Services.
Currently Blue Arbor, and its' group of companies, is a full service Human Resources Company providing staffing, screening and contracting to over 2500 clients. Whether you are a local company, Fortune 500 Company or an individual looking for the right career opportunity, we have over 30 years of experience in finding the right service for you.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 09:53:08 PDT