CLS (Certified Lab Scientist) to Work PM
• Performs all aspects of pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phase of the laboratory operation as defined by CLIA.
• Performs a wide range of medical laboratory tests used to diagnose, treat and prevent disease.
• Performs and reports test results for all clinical laboratory procedures as assigned, both automated and manual without immediate review by the director, consultant or supervisory team.
• Demonstrates proficiency, competency and understanding of fundamental principles of clinical laboratory procedures with minimal amount of supervision.
• Monitors and is accountable for test data, quality control, calibration, quality assurance, preventive maintenance, proficiency testing and all other related laboratory procedures.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment and test methods.
• Participates in work groups to work through problems, issues or goals of the department.
• Assists in monitoring quality assurance for laboratory information systems
• Assists in evaluating new tests procedures when requested and communicates to the lead team the possibilities for their implementation.
• Meets states requirements for mandatory CEUs.
• Maintains overall safety (including chemical and biological) of the department in accordance with established safety, infection control and procedure protocols.
• Provides training, guidance and pertinent technical information to Lab assistants, Support Staff, CLS and other lab personnel.
• As defined by established standards, works in a professional, cooperative and courteous manner.
- Minimum (3-4) years of experience in a high-volume clinical reference laboratory
- Experience with computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel and electronic mail
- Experience working in a Laboratory Information System
- Physical Requirements/ Work Environment: Lifting/ Carrying/ Pushing/ Pulling under 20 lbs. and high repetitive motion handling
- Must have a CLS license
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science
- Clinical Laboratory License specialty area (e.g. molecular biology, chemistry)
National Labs is a diagnostic laboratory which processes 1300 claims per month and is now seeking a medical billing and collections person. Claims are currently input into a practice management software and delivered electronically by current staff. We're located just off of highway 92 in the city of Hayward. We offer flexible hours and an opportunity for growth and progression. You'll never experience a dull moment!!!! We're located near beautiful walking paths; a community gym; and cafes that are opened for breakfast and lunch. We offer flexibility and a competitive salary for the right employee.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:32:28 PDT