Mechanical Field Technician
ENERActive Solutions - an Edison Energy Company is accepting resumes for Mechanical Field Technician for our Beltsville, Maryland office to perform Testing and Air Balancing (TAB) and Retro Commissioning in the Baltimore/Washington, DC region.
The Mechanical Field Technician assumes a high level of responsibility early in the customer life cycle, supporting our field teams in their delivery of client services. Successful Mechanical Field Technicians are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work under pressure and the willingness to work in varying conditions.
- Perform Testing and Air Balancing (TAB) tasks in the field
- Perform Retro Commissioning (RCx) tasks in the field
- Interact with company management and other personnel to develop TAB and RCx plans based on drawings and site surveys
- Perform analysis of and Functional Performance Testing (FPT) of HVAC Equipment. Including: Roof Top Units (RTUs), Air Handler Units (AHUs) Variable Air Volume Equipment (VAV), Central Plant Equipment (Boilers, Chillers, Pumps) and Analyze & Correct equipment performance issues
- Complete issues and discrepancy logs
- Utilize testing and metering equipment in performance of duties, including: Air flow hoods, Tachometer, Air flow and pressure differential testing equipment and Water flow meters
- Complete field service reports
- Work with general contractors and building owner representatives coordinating access and schedules of field work
- Complete and submit weekly online time cards and expense reports
- Must be able to read and understand technical documentation, mechanical drawings, charts and operating instructions
- Apply safety procedures and precautions; make adjustments to equipment to ensure continuity, quality and safety
- Able to use hand tools and power tools to assemble equipment according to instructions, procedures and specifications
- Regularly lift and or move 50 pounds independently and occasionally move 100+ pound items
- Work collaboratively with other technicians, supervisors and engineers
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prefer an Associate's degree from an accredited 2 year technical college.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the field, performing TAB tasks and/or Retro-Commissioning tasks.
- Industry Recognized Certification in TAB and/or RCx.
- Willingness to travel when needed - primarily Virginia, DC, and Maryland.
- Ability to maneuver a job site, including small spaces in around our equipment, mechanical rooms, basements, HVAC equipment tunnels and roofs.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license.
- Must have Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Commensurate with experience.
We are looking for candidates who are goal focused individuals who want to succeed in the competitive energy engineering environment. All applicants will be subject to drug testing.
ENERActive Solutions (EAS) - an Edison Energy Company is an independent professional energy engineering consulting and project development company specializing in commissioning, energy audits, retro-commissioning, energy procurement, design development and implementation of energy conservation projects. This includes traditional HVAC mechanical projects and renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind.
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 06:16:09 PDT