Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Successful commercial construction firm, located in Rockville, MD, seeks an Assistant Project Manager with 2-3 years experience in assisting project managers with the renovation and construction of commercial buildings. This individual selected for this unique opportunity will be responsible for working on a team to successful deliver nationally recognized projects.
Key Roles/Responsibilities include:
- Assist Project Managers in developing budgets for projects.
- Collect subcontractor quotes and put them into a budget spreadsheet.
- Take construction meeting notes and follow-up on tasks to be performed.
- Perform daily project management-related tasks as directed by the Project Manager
- Scheduling material and resource procurement to ensure on-time project completion.
- Maintaining accurate job records and updated schedules and expenses.
Qualified candidates have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- 2 to 3 years experience of assisting project managers on commercial building construction and adaptive use/ renovation.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, CPM scheduling and Primavera.
- Knowledgeable in commercial building systems and construction plans and documentation.
- Experience in working with subcontractors.
- Experience in creating bid/budget spreadsheets.
- Proactive with ability to anticipate and solve problems before they arise.
- Capacity to coordinate multiple tasks through superior time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works collaboratively and holds oneself to very high standards.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college. Construction or Project Management desired.
- Bilingual a plus.
We offer competitive salary and benefits and a fun, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and salary history. No calls accepted.
NOTE: If you do not have commercial construction project management experience, do not apply. Only those resumes with commercial construction experience will be considered.
ECI builds condominium and apartment buildings (ranging in size from 4 units to 200 units), schools, churches, synagogues, community centers, automotive dealerships, restaurants and retail stores, commercial buildings, and office interiors. We have completed millions of square feet of commercial construction and more than 5,000 residential homes. We have been operated by the same principals and headquartered in Rockville, MD since our inception.
ECI is a multi-generational business, founded in 1974 by John Eichberg. Our team is guided by Mr. Eichberg's code of personal ethics and inspired by his dedication to ECI and his clients and employees. CEO John Doyle joined in 1979 and President Jay Eichberg came aboard full time in 1989. So the three principals have a combined tenure of 100 years at Eichberg Construction. Project Executives Kevin Connelly and Dan Kolakoski joined in 2003 and 2004, and manage ECI's staff of project managers, assistant project managers and site superintendents. Project Coordinator Debbie Rodgers joined in 2007 and helps keep ECI running smoothly.
ECI's strategy has remained consistent across the decades: work tirelessly to exceed our clients' expectations and deliver quality work. We build efficiently and collaboratively with the owner and the design team, always with our focus on quality. We are honest and diligent; our reputation is everything. Proof of that is demonstrated in one simple fact: During the first 40 years of our firm's existence, completing more than 1,900 construction projects, we have never been involved in litigation with a client, and only once had to use arbitration to collect a debt. When we fall short, we take responsibility and make things right. In the construction industry, it's rare that relationships survive through consecutive projects. There are many pitfalls that can tangle even the friendliest owner/builder/architect teams in bitter dispute. We have stayed out of trouble by doing excellent work and communicating freely with our clients to avoid dispute. We put ourselves in their shoes and treat owners and architects like we want to be treated.
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 13:01:58 PDT