The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- 3+ years of technology marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Computer Science, Business or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (25%).
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- 3+ years of experience in Consumer Electronics E or Retail Sales market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
San Diego, CA
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:04:50 PDT