Tech, Equipment Inven Sr.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Director or designee, The Senior Equipment Inventory Technician participates in all activities related to an inventory of specific equipment or all equipment in a given area. Periodically verifies existing inventory information. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with school departments related to capital equipment purchases or transfers to ensure compliance with State and University Policy and Procedures
- Resolve any unique situations or obstacles that may be encountered as part of a special project
- Assist in evaluating management requirements of new sites
- Locate equipment, record specific equipment information, and affix an inventory tag. Input equipment information into the asset management database
- Query the asset management database in order to provide departments with ad hoc reports
- Perform periodic inventories of all equipment related to a specific piece or group of equipment.
- Coordinate site visits with departments to survey and inventory equipment. Locate equipment according to inventory ledger. Interact with departments to find missing equipment.
- Use bar code scanner. Transfer information for Bar Code Scanner to micro-computer system and ensure completeness of data transferred. Maintain and operate bar code scanner software.
- Interact with Information Services or outside vendors as needed to resolve technical issues and problems related to the departments computers, office equipment, and bar code labeling and scanners systems
- Interact with Material and Property Control regarding appropriate tagging of equipment and disposition of obsolete equipment.
- Provide guidance to department managers and contract workers in the physical inventory process
- Interact with space management departments to ensure that inventory locations are always accurate and update asset management inventory records
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associates degree in Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 3 years in inventory control procedure and systems, or related experience.
- Knowledge of data entry, Microsoft Office, and/or computer/scanner systems.
- Ability to follow and interpret extensive written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to meet deadlines and other special requirements
- Ability to travel off-site locations
- Exhibits human relations skills when interacting with patients, employees, and co-workers.