Diversity/Title IX Specialist (Legal Specialist/Paralegal)
New York City College of Technology of The City University of New York seeks applications for a Diversity/Title IX Specialist to support the Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX/ADA & 504 Coordinator (CDO). The CDO investigates discrimination matters for the College and reports to the President on such matters. The CDO also handles diversity/affirmative action approval processes and is responsible for filing the College's annual federal Affirmative Action Plan and its annual Italian American Affirmative Action Plan. In the role of ADA/504 Coordinator, the CDO also provides appeal level review for the denial of disability reasonable accommodation requests.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Diversity/Title IX Specialist will serve as the Assistant Title IX Coordinator. The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in conducting Title IX investigations
- Manages/organizes diversity recruitment AAP files, including digitizing records, running reports in CUNYfirst and tracking searches
- Assists with the AAP approval processes under the supervision of the CDO
- Creates and maintains excel spreadsheets containing data necessary for the annual AAP reports
- Coordinates and schedules trainings
- Indexes discrimination complaints/investigations
- Performs general administrative/office-related tasks, including answering phones/email communications, scheduling meetings, handling expense reports, replenishing office supplies, making copies, and maintaining files
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required
- Prior experience in conducting Title IX/discrimination investigations strongly preferred
- Experience working in the field of employment law, higher education law, litigation, employee relations, or human resources management considered highly desirable
- Prior experience working in a university setting, with an understanding of the academic recruitment, tenure, and promotion process strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high level administrative team is vital
- Highly proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word essential
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports a College or University unit by providing research and managing documents for legal matters of various kinds.
- Supports a College or University unit in research and managing documents for legal matters of various kinds
- Performs research and writing activities; prepare opinions, reports and drafts of research activities
- Develops and drafts legal documents, filings, charges, grievance and disciplinary decisions, and similar items
- Assists in preparing for litigation or hearings; compiles and analyzes legal data pertinent to cases; prepares summaries
- Researches, gathers, and compiles case data; studies provisions and nuances of contract, collective bargaining agreements, CUNY policies, and laws or regulations and fulfills requests for information
- Files and indexes case studies, actions, contracts, decisions, and other legal documents
- May perform paralegal duties in a specialized unit, such as labor relations, contracts, or student immigration support
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Legal Specialist - Paralegal
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Opened until filled. Review of resumes may begin May 12, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: Diversity/Title IX Specialist (Legal Specialist/Paralegal)
Job ID: 16706
Full/Part Time: Full-Time