Medgar Evers College (MEC), a nationally recognized leader in urban-serving education, is one of twenty three colleges within the dynamic City University New York (CUNY) System. Named for the late civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers (1925-1963), the College's mission is to develop and maintain high quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of liberal education.
Located in Central Brooklyn, MEC was established in 1970 with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community, currently enrolling 7,000 students in degree programs. Students represent 105 countries around the world! MEC students obtain Associate degrees in 8 fields, and Baccalaureate degrees in 18 fields. They are instructed by over 208 Full-time dedicated faculty members who must maintain a portfolio of scholarship and research. To meet the needs of its students, the College offers courses and programs at various times, is growing their online program offerings, and in offsite locations. The College is committed to a student-centered education and advancing knowledge through scholarly research.
The Admissions Director reports to the Executive Director of Enrollment Management and will be responsible for overseeing and providing overall leadership and supervision for the Admissions Office.
Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement the College's multi-step admissions process that includes group information sessions as well as individual appointments that explain the College's distinct features and enrollment requirements.
- Cultivate a comprehensive recruitment plan that includes outreach needed to attract a diverse student body (e.g., high school seniors, GED recipients and out of school adults).
- Develop, maintain and analyze, recruitment, admissions and student success metrics and reports. Recommend and implement improvements to the admissions process as warranted.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with various offices across the University and College as well as external organizations including public high schools and community based organizations.
- Deploy a well-crafted outreach program targeting a diverse pool of potential applicants.
- Partner with other college units to provide students with clear and consistent information about the college's programs.
- Develop and implement a multi-faceted recruitment communications strategy with collateral materials articulating the college's mission and unique features and programs in order to meet the college's enrollment goals.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies, guidelines, and regulations of the College, the University, City and State.
- Identify and evaluate other programs, services and events to implement that will facilitate increased college awareness, interest, and readiness among pre-college students.
- Utilize technology and other tools to effectively leverage the admissions and recruitment resources for the college.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate all admissions staff, and model service excellence for the admissions team.
- Serves as representative for the College.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience in student recruitment and outreach for college admissions, including application and pre-college operations/services.
- Significant understanding of undergraduate admissions, college choice, student recruitment processes, higher education market trends, and student diversity.
- Dynamic recruiter with strong group facilitation and presentation skills to engage students, parents, schools, community organizations, and various pre-college and other programs, and create relationships with high schools and other organizations serving youth and adults.
- Creative and flexible problem solver who can execute in an evolving college structure.
- Knowledge of the City University of New York's admissions policies and systems.
- Experience developing print and electronic communications, as well as planning and implementing strategic marketing plans and communications for students and parents.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate current marketing, admissions, and financial aid data and trends to guide recruiting strategies and admissions planning.
- Proficient using standard higher education industry admissions and recruiting systems and tools, including CRM, web-based, and online applications to perform market analyses
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to work and interact effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with a diverse community of learners, students, faculty, staff and external constituencies especially in a large centralized public university system
- Ability to identify, develop, lead, and manage a small admissions team
- Ability to work evening hours and occasional weekends
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops, implements, and manages one or more major admissions and recruiting functions.
- Manages overall recruitment and admissions processes
- Develops recruiting strategies for the College and/or specific programs or groups and works closely with academic departments, programs, and administrators to coordinate marketing and recruiting
- Manages the development and distribution of recruiting materials and communications of all kinds
- Manages admissions operations and staff, including coordination with outside organizations and University administration
- Oversees department budget including developing detailed proposals to support recruitment and admissions
- Evaluates and reports outcomes; uses information in statistical, fiscal, and other reports to make improvements to the recruiting process
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
May 25, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Medgar Evers College
Job Title: Admissions Director
Job ID: 16481
Full/Part Time: Full-Time