Administrative Coordinator - Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Associate Dean of the Graduate Nursing Program; duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Using WebApplyYourself, coordinate the graduate program's admissions process.
- Organize and facilitate events for prospective and new graduate nursing students.
- Coordinate with Scheduling Unit to update course scheduling for upcoming semesters; process Course Request forms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve course registration issues.
- Process CUNYFirst permissions for clinical course registrations; approve ePermits.
- Coordinate HESI exams, NP review courses, and NP certifications.
- Compile and maintain data on graduate program enrollment; update Associate Dean and program coordinators.
- Revise and update graduate program course information on CUNYFirst.
- Process student degree audits; resolve issues.
- Schedule and coordinate all graduate program meetings; record minutes at program coordinator meetings.
- Process education verification requests.
- Assist graduate students with Hunter's graduation procedures; coordinate School of Nursing convocation ceremony.
- Draft all internal and external communications.
Bachelor's degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin March 10, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing
Job ID: 16358
Full/Part Time: Full-Time