College Assistant (Various Departments - York College/CUNY) (Multiple Positions)
- Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
- There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as
- Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
- Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records,
operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards,
act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
- Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
- Acts as cashier.
- Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
- Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
- Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
- Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
- May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
York College/CUNY is a senior college located in Jamaica, Queens, New York City. It is easily accessible by subway and a variety of bus lines.
This posting is open for use by York College/CUNY to collect resumes for possible part-time positions. Applicants should upload resumes following the directions in this posting but should also be aware that they will only be notified if and when a part-time position becomes available. At that time, a Department hiring manager interested in interviewing them for a position will contact them directly.
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and ranges from $10.99 - $21.34. per hour
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on Employment
- Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
- Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
- Click Search job listings
- Click on More search options
- Search by Job Opening ID number 16422
- Click on the Apply Now button.
Closing Date - July 1, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: York College
Job Title: College Assistant (Various Departments - York College/CUNY) (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16422
Full/Part Time: Part-Time