RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Under moderate supervision, conduct and evaluate experiments and assays
- Understand and follow experimental protocols (including animal handling and procedures, tissue culture, molecular biology, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry etc.)
- Record, compile, interpret, and communicate results
- Maintain an organized lab notebook
- Participate in all training on laboratory equipment and assist with training of others (including hypoxia chamber, qPCR machine, etc.)
- Follow University safety protocols (may include use of combustibles, radioactivity, toxic material, and/or carcinogens)
- Perform calculations involving molarity, % solutions, and serial dilutions
- May include centrifuge, pH meter, spectrophotometer, autoclave, scintillation counter, electrophoresis unit, analytical balance, qPCR machine, gel rigs, hypoxia chamber, etc.
- Read and follow all equipment manuals
- Maintain and repair equipment according to manufacturer and university guidelines
- Order supplies for all laboratory personnel
- Maintain and document lab inventory
- Maintain sterile conditions as required
- Prepare reagents
- Clean equipment
- Recognize problems and suggest solutions
- Assist in modifications as directed
- Prepare preliminary research progress reports
- Summarize test results appropriately
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderidentity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, orveteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.