I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. Reporting to the Web Development Manager, the Web Developer works within the Division's University Web & Identity Services department.
The Web Developer will focus on development, maintenance and support of web applications using PHP with MySQL database.
In addition, this position will also be responsible for the following:
- work with technical lead on designing Web Applications
- collaborate with technical, engineering, and business teams to architect solutions
- participate in assessing architectures and requirements towards cloud adoption
- applies a knowledge of LAMP Stack based platforms
- applies a knowledge of HTML5 and Mobile Friendly development, including CSS Frameworks
- applies a working knowledge of the LAPM Stack platforms
- applies a knowledge of PHP Unit testing
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA but may require travel to the Foggy Bottom campus located in Washington, DC.
The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with professional technical development of PHP web applications.
- Experience of MySQL and Object Oriented PHP.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and Mobile Friendly development, including CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap is preferred.
- Knowledge of PHP Unit testing or experience with BDD tools (Behavior-Driven Development).
- Knowledge of legacy, non-framework PHP development, as well as framework PHP development, with a preference for Zend-Framework (ZF2 and ZF3).
- Knowledge of Git or GitLab.
- Knowledge with Java/J2EE or Microsoft .Net development is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Information Technology Sub-Family Web Services Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006134 Job Open Date: 02/17/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter