Lecturer/ Associate Lecturer, Design
RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching, and learning culture and providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for its strong student body; professional clients; and the Vietnamese community.
RMIT is a global University, which since 1887 has aimed to develop "a skilled hand and cultivated mind" in its students. RMIT enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and practical education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We have provided internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries. RMIT Vietnam's focus is around three main goals; growth in student numbers, quality of programs, staffing and infrastructure, and differentiation in the way that it teaches digital engagement, fostering industry relationships and providing international opportunities.
All degree programs are awarded by RMIT University in Australia and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). RMIT Vietnam is an English speaking university.
LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE LECTURER, DESIGN
The Lecturer is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer is also expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. The Lecturer is expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation. The Lecturer may be responsible for course coordination.
The Associate Lecturer will be required to teach and conduct classes in disciplines relevant to their field of expertise and assist in the academic and administrative, consultative and coordination tasks involved with these courses. Functions associated with the position include presentation of lectures and tutorials, assessment of students and course administration in line with the University's quality assurance requirements. The Associate Lecturer is also required to undertake research activities in line with the University's research strategy. It is expected that the Associate Lecturer will work under support and guidance to develop expertise in teaching and research with an increasing degree of autonomy.
- In accordance with our Academic Expectations Framework, all Academic employees must hold a relevant Master degree to be appointed.
- Candidates with a relevant Ph.D or have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral studies are preferred.
- Your appointment, title, and salary will depend on your skills, level of experience, and research contributions.
- Appointment and promotion processes align with RMIT University globally.
- To meet Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements, all non-Vietnamese academic candidates must have at least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
TO FIND OUT MORE
For detailed information, please visit our career website at http://careers.rmit.edu.vn/vn/en/job/557257/lecturer-associate-lecturer-design.