Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: 04-27-2017
The University of Virginia, Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee. This position is responsible for data management on several quality assurance projects; may assist in the clinical coordination and management of advanced clinical trials. This data can be crucial to maintaining and improving the excellent patient care UVA provides. The qualified candidate receives training on federal, state, and local regulations as they apply to the conduct of clinical trials and must demonstrate a basic understanding of these regulations within one year of hire.
This position is required to work some weekend schedules, as well as early and/or late shifts as needed. Qualified applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) is required.
This position is restricted and contingent on continued funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills for maintaining working relationships with patients, family members, physicians, ancillary personnel, and research committees.
2. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and early shift schedules, to meet program requirements.
3. Thorough understanding and strong comprehension of clinical activities to include the ability and skill to review electronic medical records and the knowledge of emergency department, clinical, or research operations.
4. Good customer service and interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with study subjects and clinical staff of various levels.
5. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
6. Ability to analyze and organize work procedures.
7. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
8. Ability to learn new information under supervision of others.
9. Ability to work with a diverse community of people.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81760