MATERIALS MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Responsible for managing purchasing and inventory in a healthcare setting. Plans and forecasts customer orders. Devises policies and procedures in the areas of procurement and inventory control.
- Purchase high-quality equipment.
- Study historical sales records.
- Take stock of inventory.
- Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products.
- Arrange for safe transport of equipment.
- Ensure materials and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality
- Test materials and parts.
- Place purchase orders.
- Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving,
storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the facility & warehouse.
- Interface directly with all departments in the company with regards to materials that have
been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Maintain adequate supply levels throughout the facility and warehouse.
- Coordinate the maintenance of supplies in the hospital in emergency situations.
- Maintain sources of emergency supply items from other company facilities and vendors.
- Request proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies and equipment
throughout the facility and warehouse.
- Follow established safe practices for receiving hazardous substances.
- Coordinate productive hours, space, equipment and expense as they relate to materials -
Award winning and highly successful independent national distributor of packaging, industrial and facility supplies with multiple U.S. locations, looking for ideal candidates in multiple market areas.
We have rapidly grown our business through providing outstanding consultative sales & customer service and continually introducing innovative products and solutions to help improve our customer's business operations. Our company specializes in packaging equipment & service, packaging products, industrial supplies, safety products, material handling, janitorial & sanitary maintenance supplies.
In today's increasingly competitive supply chain industry and continual industry consolidation, our company is a refreshing example of success & stability and the ideal place to advance your career!
If you are looking to join a winning team, send a cover letter with your experience, skills alignment and a resume for consideration.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:51:10 PDT