VP, Saddle River Service Center
The Vice President of Accounts Receivable Services will focus on achieving four fundamental objectives of developing the office into a world class business office outsourcing center, including creating the infrastructure and management team necessary to drive results and scalability, meeting revenue and margin goals, by Project and in aggregate, working with RCS ARS leadership to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and delivery, ensuring client satisfaction, including owning communication regarding project initiation, results and impact to senior level client executives, leads and develops a world-class outsourcing office through strategic hires, mentorship, and establishing a culture of accountability, teamwork and success
- Builds a world-class outsourcing office through strategic hires, mentorship, and establishing a culture of accountability.
- Promotes a service-oriented culture within the Nashville office and assures client satisfaction with the quality of the AR services performed and feedback provided.
- Meets regularly with all clients to review project results, identify improvement opportunities and communicate financial impact.
- Assures satisfaction among customer groups with the quality and amount of support provided by monitoring and responding appropriately to outcomes and feedback.
- Responsible for reporting any detected trends in payments or denials, as well as procedural problems, to the client.
- Makes recommendations regarding the correction of these trends and/or problems.
- Manages and balances future business opportunities with required resources to maintain excellent service delivery.
- Continually seeks ways and means for improving the delivery and support of AR services performed in Nashville.
- Establishes and tracks key metrics for project success such as: imports, bills, touches, untouched accounts, productivity, quality, collections, etc.
- Establish productivity monitoring for billing and collection follow-up staff to maximize resources and results.
- Set processes and tools in place to consistently achieve monthly cash and margin goals.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all patient financial and healthcare related issues and regulations.
- BA/BS in business or related concentration
- 7 years experience in the healthcare industry including 4 years experience leading a large Accounts Receivable team
- Hands-on experience and oversight for the billing, follow-up, cash application, and customer service areas, including the ability to represent the revenue cycle at all levels of the organization
- Experience in client facing a C Suite level
- Solid understanding of the revenue cycle industry
- Thorough knowledge of AR services drivers in a healthcare system/ IDN setting
- Execution-oriented and able to thrive within a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial acumen; ability to develop budgets, forecast revenue, develop early warning signs and adapt the organization to achieve financial targets
- Superior analytic and problem solving skills
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate and influence decisions by motivating others to achieve excellence in both the quality of work and their approach to team work
- Graduate degree, preferred
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Saddle River, NJ
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 13:50:44 PDT