Business Development Manager - Sales - Cloud - Managed Services
, charity, or educational events
• Keep up to date on industry related news and technology
• Update all activities, time sheets and sales process
GENERAL DESCRIPTION & PRIMARY ROLE
As a Business Development Manager, your mission is to find and close new business with a hunter mentality and approach. Your success will be dependent upon your ability to prospect for business through incoming leads, referrals, cold-calling, conferences and any other means necessary. Your polished written and verbal communication skills will be important when engaging prospects and effectively differentiating our services and value proposition from the competition.
RESPONSIBILITIES BY FUNCTION
New Business Development
- Meet all company sales quotas for new Managed Service/Cloud revenue
- Attend SMART Services sponsored industry, charity, or educational events
- Keep up to date on industry related news and technology
- Update all activities, time sheets and sales processes within CRM system
- Maintain technology and selling skills as industry changes
- Attend all necessary Company sponsored or third part sponsored training events
- Design and or present proposals, presentations and necessary agreements for prospects
- Increase sales by developing customer relationships in the Detroit metro market
- Generate, identify, and qualify business leads
- Develop account and territory sales plans
- Develop client profiles to understand clients business and fit
- Research and learn business and technology solutions
- Facilitate the development of product quotes and proposals for services and deliver to clients
- Partner with consulting team members to develop solution approach and deliverables
- Understand the details of and manage local relationships with partners
- Team with marketing, partnerships, and other teams to drive business
WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Insurance industry knowledge REQUIRED!
- A minimum of five years of sales experience in the I.T. services industry or a related field
- Remote selling skills (telephone and web-based video) and experience preferred
- Sales Management experience preferred
- Strong consultative selling skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Maintain a positive attitude with clients and employees at all time.
- Ability to establish and accomplish goals with limited direct supervision
- Have zeal to take initiative and think out of the box
- Excel at multi-tasking and operating in a fast paced and diverse environment
- Excellent people organizer, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to perform public speaking and presentations
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Commitment to SMART Service's mission, guiding principles and core values
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
EDUCATION / TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- College degree preferred, but consideration given for equivalent work experience
We are looking for a proven, highly successful sales person to drive revenue growth at SMART Services.
Please include cover letter, salary history/requirements and resume when applying.
Must be willing to spend 3-6 months in Detroit area during training phase.
Based out of Sterling Heights, Michigan, we are shaping the future of Cloud Services for the Independent Insurance industry with a uniquely integrated platform that combines all the support and services needed to run an business in one wheel-house. Specializing in the insurance industry, we are the only vendor who offers a truly complete cloud solution. We were named one of the 20 Most Promising Insurance Technology Solution Providers for 2016, by CIO Review magazine. We are partnered with and deploy our solutions with VM Ware, Citrix, Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, HP, Digium, Supermicro and many more cutting edge technology companies.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:50:51 PDT