Senior Project Manager; Design-Build Construction
Lead the project staff in the response to client request for proposals, contract negotiations, design and construction of the entire project. Project Manager has overall responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction, managing the project from concept to completion. Each Project Manager has full profit and performance responsibility for his/her project. Provide leadership to the project staff and ensure quality and timely execution of design/build projects from design to completion. These phases include: Client Project Proposal, Estimating, Design, Scheduling, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner communication coordination, and project closeout.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Operations/Project Management
REPORTS TO: Project Executive
DIRECT REPORTS: Project Engineer, Field Engineer, Superintendent, Project Admin
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAM: Project Accountant, Estimator, Sales
• Take responsibility for all managerial and administrative aspects of a project. This includes project response to client RFP, estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation
• Work with the owner early in the process in order to facilitate the design process with the chosen design professionals.
• Ensure that an accurate and complete estimate for the project is prepared. Project Managers work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings
• Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas
• Oversee the buyout process to select subcontractors
• Conduct a bi-weekly job site meeting on site
• Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure safety, quality control and progress schedule meetings
• Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project at all times.
• Communicate effectively with everyone involved in the project
• Significantly contribute with Project Executive, Business Director and Estimating in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
• Develop detailed Project Contract status report
• Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
• Maintain thorough understanding of the EXXCEL/Owner contract
• Oversee the pay request process
• Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
• Analyze and forecast quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
• Implement and monitor training of all staff personnel
• Monitor project labor
• Review and approve material, forming system and equipment needs
• Assist Estimating in bidding projects
• Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
• Lead the project's quality process
• Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS:
• Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills
• Ability to identify, assimilate and comprehend the critical elements of a situation to extract and interpret implications of courses of actions to attend to details of a problem
• Effectiveness in planning and controlling work, motivating and developing subordinates, improving work methods and results, encouraging and supporting suggestions for work improvements, etc
• Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
• Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budget, contributes to budget planning.
• Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
• Ability to prepare and monitor realistic construction scheduled and achieves full cooperation of superintendents and subcontractors.
• Communicates expectations and importance of safety. Follows up and insures safety audits are completed accurately and timely. Identifies critical issues and assists in the development of improvement procedures.
• Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others.
• Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES / REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ Years of Experience - General Contractor
• 3 years of design build experience working for a General Contractor
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering (mechanical, electrical) or Management or required
• Strong knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
• Very experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
• Proficient at leading a successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
• Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
• Successfully project managed projects of at least 30 million dollars or two smaller projects simultaneously (design build preferred).
• Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding.
• Ability to lift objects at least 50lbs
Please visit our website at www.exxcel.com for more information about our company!
EXXCEL Project Management, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 15:04:06 PDT