Project Manager - Electrical
Blum & Sons Electric continues to grow and we are looking for great people to join our family! We are an established electrical contractor, with excellent benefits, currently hiring for Project Managers and Estimators. If you have experience in residential, commercial, industrial and/or military electrical projects, live or are willing to relocate to the Santa Barbara area, and looking to be part of a team - apply here for the PM position or see https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/4b7e5d2e for the Estimator position.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall execution, and successful completion of all projects. The PM is also responsible for ensuring all employees have the appropriate training, and skills to successfully perform their work. A successful candidate will be highly organized with extensive electrical experience in construction with emphasis on MEP's
1. Knowledge of Contracting and Developing Budgets, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Planning, Performance Management.
2. Ability to use analytical skills to make critical decisions and solve problems.
3. Must have electrical experience - 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electrical industry.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with managers, clients and employees in person and written.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management's right to assign or reassign duties to this job at any time. All duties are to be performed in compliance with Blum & Sons Electric, Inc.'s policies and procedures.
1. Perform initial review of contract. Review for project specific scope, liquidating damages, payment schedule/SOV, scheduling expectations and document reference.
2. Review the plans, specs, take off, quotes, timeline, manpower needs and client contact information.
3. Retrieve permits, submittals.
4. Review schedule for major milestones.
5. Create internal budget: develop project budget, convert sales into cost code, and work with Accounting on input/WIP.
6. Review project with Supers: set Field Binder, review Subcontractor scopes, confirm permit approval, conduct initial safety review, review manpower, material take offs and tool/truck requirements.
7. Schedule vendors/materials.
8. Manage RFIs, tool/truck requirements.
9. Work with Accounting to generate change orders, create monthly WIP reports and manage billings per contract.
10. Work with HR to ensure Safety Compliance.
11. Monitor scheduling, Subcontractor compliance and manpower needs
12. Visit job sites, conduct job walks with the project team and General Contractor.
13. Work with Purchasing to manage purchasing and PO compliance.
14. Review bid and change order process per project. Ensure best possible methods are being implemented for estimating and pricing.
15. Review project status with Field Staff on a weekly basis. Identify areas of concern and assist the team with solutions. Negotiate difficult field issues.
16. Responsible for close out docs, warranties, As Built drawings, O & M manuals, final contract docs, lien releases and punch list.
17. Review budget v. actual with VP Ops, Accounting, Estimator and Super.
18. Create/schedule future maintenance.
19. Ensure the team is executing the project plan in the most efficient manner.
20. Assess the development of the company employees. Review their performance and implement plans for improvement.
21. Hire and fire employees as required based on company needs.
22. Keep employees informed of company/department plans and progress.
23. Develop yearly training programs to ensure the team is constantly improving.
24. Maintain relationships with clients & vendors.
25. Assist Estimators in the review of estimates as requested.
26. Attend networking events represent the company at project-related meetings as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, wrists, arms, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY: Send your resume with salary requirements to us by replying to this email.
Blum and Sons Electric, Inc. is a full service electrical contractor with expertise in the design and construction of Agricultural, Commercial, Industrial, and Residential electrical systems. Our safety program is in full compliance with O.S.H.A. We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and vacation, holiday, and sick pay.
Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:22:08 PDT