Assistant Shift Supervisor/ Processing Technician/ Set Up Technician
To aid the Shift Foreman in performing his daily duties. Fill in for Shift Foreman temporarily if needed.
Summary of essential job functions and minimum requirements:
1. Mold Set ups and Insert Changeovers
• Set up molds in presses properly as directed by Shift Foreman
• Set up auxiliary equipment such as Driers, Sonic Welders, label machines and all other equipment used for production
• Monitor IQMs for changeovers and have inserts and molds at the press ready to go in with minimal downtime. Change molds and start production with minimal downtime.
• Enter scrap and downtimes in IQMs everyday before your shift ends.
• Keep current with changes to the schedule with the aid of Shift Foreman.
• Inform the Shift Foreman and Production Manager of any problems or potential problems with molds.
• Store all molds in their designated locations and keep the Production updated to their status.
• Communicate with the Quality Inspectors to ensure our production is good. They have the final say as to whether the parts are put into inventory or into QC hold for further evaluation.
• Assign and supervise all your people making sure that they follow all procedures and work instructions.
• Teach new operators proper procedure on tasks according to work instructions and packaging instructions.
• Comply with all processing procedures as set up by the Production Manager. Processes to minimize scrap and maximize efficiencies.
• Report all changes to product processes to Shift Foreman or Production Manager.
4. Supplies and Materials
• Keep a supply of gate cutters for your shift. Turn in any bad cutters to the Shift Foreman for replacements.
• Keep the Shift Foreman and the Production Manager notified in written form of any needed components for mold changes (water fittings, bolts, hoses, etc.) prior to running out.
• Report any deficiency in supplies to the Shift Supervisor.
• Ensure that everyone is using personal protective equipment where needed. Safety glasses everywhere and hearing protection in the grinding area.
• Notify upper management of any unsafe equipment or circumstances that exist in the facility.
• You will be expected to work overtime as needed to cover any production needs. All overtime will need to be approved prior to working it.
• Make sure that all production is scanned and taken to the warehouse by the end of your shift.
• Make sure the regrind is used whenever possible. Keep it used up.
7. Education and experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years injection molding experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LMT Mercer Group, Inc was formed in 1987 and supplies the vinyl and wood composite fence and deck industry with high quality component parts.
Today, LMT is the largest manufacturer of vinyl fence, deck and railing accessories in the US and Canada, offering more than 950 products from which to choose. We manufacture a broad range of products designed to meet the needs of a diverse and demanding customer base, introducing at least 20 new products each year.
Headquartered in Lawrenceville NJ, we operate manufacturing plants in New Jersey and Ohio, with distribution centers in New Jersey, Ohio and Sparks, NV.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:08:46 PDT