Meat/Deli Department Manager
We hire great people.
Join our team. Be part of a historic, bustling Detroit landmark, the Honey Bee Market. We are looking for a high integrity, organized, experienced and motivated individual to run our meat department and reinforce our commitment to providing top-notch customer service and high quality product to our diverse clientele.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Must have at least three years of experience cutting meat and working in a business environment; previous management experience preferred.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have ServSafe certification.
- Manage department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor and operational processes to company standards.
- Purchase product and negotiate pricing with vendors.
- Plan and prepare cutting lists.
- Process meat to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Display high level of integrity with department products, department employees and customers.
- Prepare and cut meat products in accordance with company guidelines on merchandise presentation, safety and sanitation.
- Wrap, package and display all fresh meat, poultry, seafood and prepackaged products.
- Use professional cutlery, saws, cubers and grinders to process bulk meat.
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekend and holidays.
- Oversee making of chorizo and ensure it meets store's quality standards.
- Maintain required records and weekly and monthly reports, i.e. sales, labor and profitability.
- Ensure new department team members receive proper training and supervision, including correct receiving, unloading, storage and rotation of merchandise and displays as well as safety and security standards.
- Train staff to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Train staff in meat cutting.
- Provide thoughtful, thorough and timely performance evaluations.
- Develop staffing schedule.
- Establish a positive work environment and maintain high team morale.
- Initiate process improvements to increase department efficiency.
- Analyze situations accurately and implement appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Comfortable making decisions.
- Possess a high sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced environment at all times.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Act as a role model inside and outside of the meat department.
- Must like people and provide exceptional customer service always seeking to enhance the customers' experience at Honey Bee by answering customers' questions, cutting meat to customers' requirements, etc.
- Engage customers and educate customers by sharing knowledge about meat.
- Willing to learn more about organic and natural food products according to customer need.
- Communicate effectively with team members and store leadership.
- Support and build relationships with all team members in department and throughout store.
- Interface professionally and work effectively with all team members.
Pay commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position.
Please respond by sending us a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
We will not respond to replies asking for more information nor to those without the requested information.
No phone calls, please.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:42:03 PDT