Digital Media Specialist
Requisition # 2017-7410
Department Andlinger Cntr for Energy/Env
Category Communications and Public Relations
Date Posted 4/27/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, a cross-disciplinary research and teaching center at Princeton University, seeks a Digital Media Specialist to further communications efforts related to the center's mission to develop solutions that will ensure our energy and environmental future. The Digital Media Specialist will play a key role in shaping and communicating Andlinger Center stories through our digital and selected print media platforms.
The core work of the Digital Media Specialist is in managing, enhancing, and updating content on the Andlinger Center's website. The Digital Media Specialist will work with the center's communications specialist and the center leadership team to create and implement web-specific video to complement journalist-written pieces. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing targeted social media content, monitoring web and social media analytics to increase traffic and followers, and managing photographic and graphic content.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years experience working in a communications role with digital media experience
- Experience in maintaining and enhancing websites and working with Wordpress and other content management systems
- Technical skills and experience to update and apply content and minor updates in WordPress
- Experience in producing photo and video content for the web
- Demonstrated ability to produce engaging science-related communications quickly and clearly
- Demonstrated skill in using social media on behalf of an organization
- Experience interpreting web and social media analytics
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience in a deadline-driven envrionment
- Experience using WordPress, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, Adobe Premiere, and PowerPoint
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.