Scale Field Service Technician
Perform or assist with set-up, installations, troubleshooting, and repair of scales & related products. Will need to be proficient in repair and maintenance of most other types & brands of weighing equipment and related products. Know how to obtain technical assistance when and where needed. Have a high level of quality customer service on the phone as well as in person.
Tasks / Duties:
- Learn company policies including: Payroll, Health & Insurance, Safety, Office and Service Dept. Procedures, Scale Calibration, & Maintenance
- Perform or assist in the completion of service agreements and other maintenance contracts
- Perform rental equipment set-up delivery and pick-up
- Repair scales at the customers site
- Maintain individual workstation, computer, field service vehicle, and tools
- Write neat, legible, and accurate documentation
- Seek out product sales leads and service agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by service manage
Special Physical Tasks Required
Ability to carry scales and handle test weights up to 50 pounds. Ability to move with the aid of a special weight cart, 500# test weights, operate various tools and vehicles
- Read and understand technical manuals, electrical drawings, foundation drawings, and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of common electronic test equipment and tools
- Professional approach to customer service and preparation
- Operate forklift and overhead hoists
- Have or the ability to obtain a CDL License and be able to drive a 30,000# GVW (minimum) vehicle.
- Have a clean driving record
- conduct all company duties in a safe and professional manner
High School Diploma ( or Equivalent) One year of Electronic education or equivalent experience
Field Service Work History is Required
Founded in 1972, in Portland, OR A-1 Scale & ABM has been an equipment supplier for over 30 years. If you need to move it, grind it, convey it, dry it, process it, store it, package it, or make sure it is safe for consumption, ABM has the equipment to do the job right the first time.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:22:51 PDT