Construction Project Manager
A national general contractor specializing in healthcare and commercial projects seeks an experienced CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER.
This position requires the candidate to direct and monitor the progress of construction activities while maintaining safety, schedule and budget requirements.
This position requires technical and administrative skills along with the ability to be organized.
Candidates for this position must have a construction education and/or verifiable construction experience in commercial construction and have ability to travel nationwide.
Candidates will have a proven track record of success with measurable achievements. Employer and Client references are required and will be thoroughly substantiated. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager with the proven ability to lead, motivate, and inspire personnel while overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum 3 - 5 yr. commercial project management experience required; client references preferred
• Development and maintenance of client/customer relationships
• Management of projects from initial client/customer contact and proposal phases, hand-off to the field superintendents and foremen, through accounting close
• Preconstruction process to include site surveys/site walks and subcontractor selection and preparation of client proposals
• Developing/tracking project budgets to include all costs for labor, materials, and subcontractors
• Management of master schedules, project time lines and milestones
• Providing updates/formal weekly schedules for all current and prospective projects to owners/executive management
• Acquisition of all required permits
• Verification of inspection schedules and reports
• Inventories required - site inventories and materials
• Submittal and approval of all subcontracts and change orders
• On-site relations with client/customer, facility representatives, subcontractors, and city officials
• Identify potential sales opportunities and communicate the opportunities to senior management
Required Education/Work Experience:
• Experience with projects $50,000 to $5 million
• Verifiable experience in a medical/healthcare projects
• Knowledge of ICRA
• Knowledge of construction Project Management/Accounting-related software applications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Preferred:
• Ability to travel nationwide at must
• Ability to satisfactorily identify conflicts and address project and performance concerns.
• Duties require good judgment, initiative and ability to deal with last-minute changes or critical issues.
• Strong focus on client service.
• Ability to work in a faced passed environment on multiple projects
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Strong knowledge of project management and accounting principles relating to construction industry.
• Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products; knowledge of project management software (Prolog, Procore, etc.) and project scheduling software (Suretrack, Fastrack, Project, etc.)
Qualified candidates must provide resume with salary requirements and completed project list with project value.
Bedford Park, IL
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:06:56 PDT