ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST ADVISOR
JOB NO.: 90544-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: INTL DIV/INTL DIVISION
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90544-AS
Working Title: Enrollment Specialist Advisor
Official Title: STUDENT SERVICES SPEC(T26DN) or ASSOC STUDENT SV SPEC(T26FN)
Hiring Department: A104000-INTL DIVISION/INTL DIVISION
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 03, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $35,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
1. Bachelor?s degree required.
2. International study or international living experience or internationally focused degree required.
3. Computer efficiency with word processing required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Prior experience, as a student worker or professional staff member, working in a study abroad office is preferred.
2. Experience with advising and working with college students preferred.
3. Excellent demonstrated organizational, management, and office skills.
4. Demonstrated experience working successfully in a high-traffic, high-demand environment and ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
5. Experience with databases and spreadsheets.
6. Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills, and a sense of humor.
This position is a multi-functional position within International Academic Programs (IAP), a unit in The International Division, which serves as the largest study abroad office at UW-Madison. IAP administers more than 240 campus-wide study abroad programs and annually sends over 1,500 UW-Madison students abroad. Further information about IAP can be found on the web at: http://www.studyabroad.wisc.edu
The position is a full time 100% appointment. The title to be used will be dependent on qualifications and years of experience. Salary will depend on the level and title at which the new employee is hired. A one-year period of evaluation is required.
The starting date for the person hired for this position is negotiable.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and a list of 3 professional references by the assured consideration date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 27 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 19 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time