Academic Program Director-Director of TRIO Programs
Job Title Academic Program Director-Director of TRIO Programs
Internal Title Director of TRIO Programs
Requisition Number 011689
Minimum Salary Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Pay Basis 12 months
Department TRIO Programs
Campus USC Columbia
Expected Fill Date
Job Posting Date 04-27-2017
Minimum Posting Period Ends 05-03-2017
Job Close Date 06-26-2017
Type of Position
Job Type Full-Time
Job Category Professional/Administrative
If Research Grant/Time Limited, indicate the benefits provided
The TRIO Director serves as principal investigator for and director of all departmental grants. The TRIO Director supervises coordinators, ensures the evaluation of project effectiveness, establishes and implements program goals, policies, and procedures, directs and oversees financial and budgetary activities, manages activities related to providing program services, and consults with various campus officials to ensure compliance with grant terms and conditions. The Director reports to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The TRIO Director supervises the terms and conditions of all grants and cooperative agreements, coordinators of grant programs, and administrative staff, including graduate assistants.
The TRIO Director must have knowledge of college access/educational opportunity programs and research-based strategies for promoting student success; grant-writing techniques; budget management skills and expertise; program evaluation experience; and the ability to:
1. Develop and implement grant programs,
2. Work effectively with students Pell-eligible and first-generation college students,
3. Develop and manage budgets,
4. Develop and manage staff at various level of employment,
5. Understand and work effectively within a collegiate environment,
6. Work cooperatively with professional organizations and governmental agencies;
7. Develop and manage college access programs that enhance educational success for Pell-eligible students who are also first-generation college students; and
8. Work cooperatively with the Richland County community, its schools, families, and agencies.
U of SC's qualifications for TRIO director include a Master's degree in appropriate area of education, public policy, administration, or related field, at least five years of successful program administration, including budget management, and program development experience, and at least 5 years of successful and progressive administrative experience with on-campus college access programs.
Doctorate degree in appropriate are of education, public policy, administration or related field. Experience with grant-writing related to federal and state student access programs.
Documents which must be associated with this posting
List of References
Special Instructions to Applicants